13 March, 2007

current media consumption

This is just a random post--to stay in step with the title of this blog. I took my cues for this from two different sources: 1) my brother's blog inserted this type of material, and I thought it was kinda cool; and 2) I came across something that simply asked: "What are you reading, watching, and listening to right now?" So, here is the answer to that question:

BOOKS:*

Reading for Class
Gordon Fee, New Testament Exegesis
Harold Hoehner, Ephesians: An Exegetical Commentary
Andrew Lincoln, Ephesians
Daniel Wallace, Basics of New Testament Greek Syntax
Reading for Fun
WD Davies, An Invitation to the New Testament
GWF Hegel, Philosophy of History
James Hoffmeier, Israel in Egypt
CS Lewis, A Grief Observed
Andrew Lincoln, Hebrews: A Guide
Martin Marty, Martin Luther
John McRay, Paul: His Life and Teaching
Suetonius, Lives of the Caesars
JRR Tolkien, Lord of the Rings (the complete set)
NT Wright, Paul: Fresh Perspectives
MOVIES:

Recently Watched
The Departed
Hannibal Rising
Sum of All Fears
One Fine Day
Favorites
A Few Good Men
Christmas Vacation
O, Brother, Where Art Thou?
Monty Python: Holy Grail
Princess Bride
Great Escape
MUSIC:

(I'll just list who's in my iTunes playlist)

Live, Sting, 3 Doors Down, Dave Matthews, David Grey, The Times, Coldplay, Susan Tedeschi, Project 86, Third Day, STP, Counting Crows, Jars of Clay, U2, Primus, John Mayer, Evanescence, John Scofield, Kenny Wheeler, San Francisco Jazz Collective, Yo-yo Ma, and a bunch of other classical composers

___________________________________

*In case the question comes up: the answer is "yes", I am reading all of these at the same time. This list does exclude the books and articles that I have to read for my Masters thesis; but that list is way too long to post.

No comments: